Sign up for our mailing list and:
- Keep abreast of our upcoming events!
- Stay up-to-date on latest volunteer activities!
- Stay informed on our latest news!
Don’t see a date that works for you, or is the perfect date already taken? Don't sweat it, we’re flexible - and we've got 6 projects going this year - plenty of room for many groups! Give our volunteer coordinator a call at (715) 425-5623 or fill out our contact form and we’ll schedule a special workday for you and your team!
Join Our Team!
We welcome anyone who wants to help build simple, decent, affordable housing for all people in need. Volunteering with us is a great way to give back to your community, and the best way to learn new skills. No construction experience is necessary! We have a skilled, patient staff and friendly, experienced volunteers that can show you the ropes and guide you through a task that’s right for you. Remember:
• You must be at least 16 years old to work on site (with parent/guardian’s permission)
• If you are volunteering for the first time, please register with us, so we can track your contribution to this important work, keep you in the loop for upcoming events, and thank you for your service. Register using our Interest and Skill Form we'll get in touch with you, or visit our Construction Calendar and sign up for a workday right now! Don't forget to print and sign a liability waiver!
Individuals are welcome to come out and work with one of our dedicated crews. Typically, we have Monday and Tuesday crews who always welcome new volunteers. Similarly, you’re welcome to join a group already scheduled for a Saturday – there’s always room for more helpers. Check out the Construction Calendar for more information and to pick a time that works for you.
Volunteering together is a great way to tighten the bonds amongst a group of friends, co-workers, church members, youth or family. We can work with you to reserve a workday for you and yours – call us to arrange a special build: (715) 425-5623; you can sign up a smaller group for any work day with enough open slots by visiting our Construction Calendar.
Get a Hands-On Education in Green Building
When you Volunteer with Habitat on the Eco Village project, you gain hands-on experience, valuable skills and techniques. Build your sustainable IQ - Volunteer with us today! Want to really get an education? Chippewa Valley Technical College's Residential Construction program is the ultimate in construction training. Students at CVTC will build 2 twin homes in the Eco Village, 2012. Read the full story about CVTC's involvement at the Eco Village here, or visit their website to Learn More...
A Typical Workday:
Learn more about what to expect on our construction sites by reading through A Typical Habitat Workday.
The Fine Print: Work-site Guidelines
• All volunteers working at the work site or in ReStore MUST review the Volunteer Safety Manual and sign the back of the Waiver stating you've reviewed it. Also available is an online safety training course you might be interested in reviewing.
• Minimum age is 16. Volunteers 16-18 must have a signed parental waiver on file. Read and Print our Liability forms Here.
• All workers must sign a Waiver of Liability and Volunteer Safety Manual acknowledgement. If you are a group leader, have each member of your group print and sign the Waiver.
• Be considerate of the diversity of our volunteers; be mindful of language and behavior.
• No headphones (so you can hear instructions and warnings!), tobacco products or horseplay on site.
• No trash or mess left at the site.